Monday, June 23, 2008

First evaluation

To try to stay on track and hold myself accountable, I'm going to evaluate my progress (or lack thereof) here fairly often.

Yesterday:

Breakfast--One cinnamon roll, coffee, orange juice

Lunch-- mixed fajitas at the local Mexican place, along with Diet Coke and only a couple bites of the beans and rice on the side.

Snack--High fiber granola bar

Dinner--2 small slices frozen supreme pizza, spoonful of pasta salad, slice of fluffy lemon pie for dessert.

Here's the recipe for the pie. It's a light dessert from Simple and Delicious magazine:

Fluffy Lemon Pie
Ingredients:
1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
1 teaspoon sugar-free lemonade soft drink mix
1 cup cold fat-free milk
1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat Cool Whip® whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
Directions: Combine pudding mix and soft drink mix. In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixture for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes (pudding will be stiff). Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread into crust. Top with remaining whipped topping. Cover and chill for 2-3 hours or until set.
I'm not planning on posting everything I eat, just evaluate when I think I need to and share recipes with you, etc. Nobody needs to post their weight! Women don't want to be reminded about how old they are or how much they weigh. So just post progress and updates as you'd like.
This morning, I've had a bowl of Kashi Go-Lean and OJ, but I've also made blueberry muffins that have just came out of the oven--let's see if I can limit myself to one :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing great! How was the pie? Mmmm.

Mysti said...

The pie is really good and a refreshing summertime dessert. I have a key lime pie that is similar.

This morning--one blueberry muffin and a small bite of the muffin that Meg didn't eat because it was "too sour". :)