Monday, June 23, 2008

Blueberry muffins

The great things about growing your own blueberries: super yummy, super nutritious.


The not-so-great things: I've got tons of berries, which means I'm making tons of...um...not so nutritious treats out of them :)

This morning, it was blueberry muffins. I've tried many recipes, and like a lot of things I've tried before, leave it to Alton Brown, celebrity chef of Food Network, to come up with THE recipe that finally worked! I'll share the link with you. The pic, by the way, isn't from this recipe, just one I found online. The actual muffins looked even better than these.


Here's the link. Alton Brown's Blueberry Muffins

If you're lucky, since I have quite the abundance of blueberries this year, I may show up at random people's houses with a batch of these :) To avoid eating too many (I did have only one, plus one bite of Meg's), I'd say you could freeze them, and take them out to warm as needed. Would be a great weekend guest recipe.

P.S.--Get yourself a kitchen scale if you haven't got one already to use for the flour measuring. Scales are great for many recipes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you come next week I would not hate the idea of you bringing some to me. If you have some. I am your FAVORITE sis in law you know ;)

Anonymous said...

oh gosh. I saw him make these once. They looked so good. Yum!