Friday, June 08, 2007

A poem for my brother

We grew up at home and granny's house,
We laughed because mama was scared of a mouse.
Mud fights, football, and hide and seek.
Catching the school bus together during the week.

Six years separated us, but I didn't care.
I looked up to my big brother bear.
He taught me how to ride a bike.
Though I was a girl, I liked what he liked.

Things changed as we grew through the years.
When he left home, I was in tears.
I chose one path and he chose another.
I still miss the good days I had with my brother.

He chose a rockier path than mine.
I pray that someday he'll walk the line.
Then maybe again we can sit down for dinner.
Until then, our love has grown cold as the winter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

today is the 16 yr of my brother's death (murder). I was online looking for a poem to post on myspace for him when i ran across your poem about your brother and i just wanna say...don't waste time, you don't have to wait until he "walks the line", don't wait because you never know when it will be too late. I miss my brother but i can't do what you can do...just let him know that you love him....do it TODAY!!!
Take care,
Misty
www.myspace.com/mismis70