Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thursday's Laugh Out Loud--A day late again :)

I found 5 reasons why we tend to procrastinate on this site:

http://www.businesstown.com/time/time-5reasons.asp

They are:

  1. You Haven't Really Committed to Doing the Job
  2. You're Afraid of the Job
  3. You Don't Place a High Enough Priority on the Activity
  4. You Don't Know Enough to Do the Task
  5. You Just Plain Don't Wanna!

Oh, yeah, I'm all over number 5 there on most of my daily tasks. Also number 3 when it has related to my blog this week. And occasionally number 4 when I can't think of what to blog. I would also add 6. You just don't think about it or remember it. I just don't remember to blog sometimes or pay a bill or write things on my calendar or do a load of clothes for hubby when he's out of something. I bet you all can relate to these reasons and more. Winter is also just my hibernation time. I really don't get out much and don't want to. I don't want to do much more than the really necessary stuff--you know, keeping everyone fed and not stinking.

Now, much to my amusement (or dismay, can't decide) I present the Procrastinator's Creed:

1. I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done
already.
2. I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.
3. I will never rush into a job without a lifetime of consideration.
4. I shall meet all of my deadlines directly in proportion to the amount
of bodily injury I expect to receive from missing them.
5. I firmly believe that tomorrow holds the possibility for new
technologies, astounding discoveries, and a reprieve from my obligations.
6. I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the
amount of time given.
7. I shall never forget that the probability of a miracle, though
infinitesmally small, is not exactly zero.
8. If at first I don't succeed, there is always next year.
9. I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to
change my mind.
10. I shall always begin, start, initiate, take the first step, and/or
write the first word, when I get around to it.
11. I obey the law of inverse excuses which demands that the greater the
task to be done, the more insignificant the work that must be done prior
to beginning the greater task.
12. I know that the work cycle is not plan/start/finish, but wait/wait/plan.
13. I will never put off until tomorrow, what I can forget about forever.
14. I will become a member of the Ancient Order of Two-Headed Turtles
(The Procrastinator's Society) if they ever get it organized.

No comments: