Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Phew....

Zoe will be 2 tomorrow. I can't believe she's growing so fast. She's potty training now, so wearing pull-ups most of the day, diapers still at night and naptime. She's eating with a spoon and fork now and talking more all the time.

Megan is 5 and has just learned to tie her shoes. Mind you, it's still not the best tying, but she's getting better at it. I have let her tie her shoes for preschool this week. She's also learning to read, and is finally starting to sound out unfamiliar words a bit. They have little reading circles in preschool for the older ones entering kindergarten this fall. This fall....she'll go to kindergarten...I don't know if I can handle it. For the first time, she won't be home for lunch during the week.

And--I need more patience. Lots of patience. Last night, I was far from patient, nice mom. Hubby was out of town the night before and got home last night. I was trying hard to spend some time just cuddling on the couch with him to watch American Idol. Zoe was trying equally as hard to get our attention. She bounced all around the couch beside me until....BONK!...her head somehow came crashing down onto mine. Hubby even heard the resounding thud. It felt like a baseball bat to me. Zoe was just fine. I saw stars and felt nauseated for a while. Megan was misbehaving in her room as well, so I was not a happy camper last night.

Though they're growing up and maturing fast, I'm torn because I want them to be mature enough to just find something good to do while I sit for a while with my husband. Then again, I don't want them to grow up too fast. Maybe more one on one attention is needed, but I need some quatlity time with my husband too, other than just when after we put the kids to bed. I'm not sure where that transition happens or if we have to make it happen. Since I'm beginning to be incoherent, I think I'm still suffering from my head injury, so enough of that. Hope to have Wed. faves and flops soon. Maybe this is my flop?? :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Misty,
Maybe this weekend after the party you and Bryan can go out or something while we watch the kids? How does that sound?

Mysti said...

Well, we do need a make up date night, I think. We went out last Friday night, but Bryan had a relapse of stomach flu and his dinner didn't stay down. We managed to see Night at the Museum afterward, but he felt bad all the way through it. So, it sounds great!

Andrew McAllister said...

...and then they become teenagers, and instead of bashing heads he comes to me and asks for the car keys. Which immediately makes me think of other kinds of bashing.

Hopefully not...

Andrew (To Love, Honor, and Dismay)