Friday, January 26, 2007

Friday's Quote to Ponder

"My evil genius Procrastination has whispered me to tarry 'til a more convenient season. "
Mary Todd Lincoln US wife of Abraham Lincoln 1842 (1818 - 1882)

Mary Todd has spoken to me today. Winter is my main season of procrastination. So, literally, I do "tarry 'til a more convenient season", i.e. spring. I do procrastinate every season, but particularly when it's cold out and I just want to cozy up and shut out the responsibilities that call to me. And I'm not sure it's all that bad a thing either. I think we all need seasons, whenever that may be, to just not focus on too many things at once, to just do the necessary and relax a bit more. I also think it tends to relax our minds a bit more so our maybe not-so- "evil genius" can help our brains to think more creatively. To ponder more and worry less. More time to focus on creativity, on memories. Yep, I've determined that my winter procrastination is not such a bad thing after all.

1 comment:

Vessel said...

Popcorn and Ugg fuzzy boots.
These tend to prolong procrastination!