Saturday, January 13, 2007

Saturday's Quote to Ponder

"Health is not valued till sickness comes."
Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732British physician (1654 - 1734)

I missed Friday. My dear old Aunt Flo decided to grace me with her presence yesterday so I accomplished little except for visiting the grocery and making a new brownie recipe. What better time to indulge in chocolate? I'll share the recipe next Tuesday--good easy one too.

So, today, hubby has a stomach flu--who hasn't had it? I had something like it back in October, and the girls had it last summer, and everyone I know has had it or someone in the family has had it. People are being hospitalized too. Kinda scary. Anywho, the quote reminds me that we don't really know how good we have it until it gets bad--like health. We may be tired or sore, or whatever, but when a real sickness (or mean Aunt Flo) hits, then we realize we're ok most of the time.

Me with Aunt Flo, Bryan with stomach bug, and two bouncing wild girls--not a gracefully happy family at the moment. I wouldn't stop by for a surprise visit if I were you :) Now off for an attempted nap on a dreary rainy day...and more chocolate.

No comments: