Monday, January 15, 2007

Monday--Misty's Challenge

Finding Direction
It's been raining for 3 solid days and the ground can't hold anymore water. It's standing everywhere. Temps are falling from 50's to 20's tonight. It's gloomy and I'm gloomy. Hubby stayed home sick today from the stomach flu. I made a run to Wal-Mart with Meg to stock up on Immodium, Sprite, and groceries in case of a freeze. Took Meg for a 5 year old checkup. Got a prescription for Phenigren (sp?) gel in case the kids get sick.
Dishes have piled up in the sink. I want nothing more than to curl up and befriend my computer the rest of the day. But wife and mom duties are still here. The challenge for today and the rest of the week--just to find direction, to prioritize taking care of who needs what the most and let the non-essential slide a bit. To keep my head above water. I think I've said it before, but I'm living in mommy fog. The days fly by and I seem to be walking in a fog all the time, always saying, "Where did the day go?". Early childhood years--very normal feeling, I've been told, when the little ones need you so much.
I felt a pull though the other day, to get back into nuturing the spiritual and pull back from media distractions. That's hard to do, in my mommy fog, even to sit down and concentrate/meditate on such deep matters, but that may help to get me back on solid ground a bit. My small group is finally meeting for the first time this new year tomorrow night. I have to get my chapter reading finished before then. We're still into Intimate Issues--21 Questions Christian Women Ask About Sex. A new study is starting soon at church--The Frazzled Female. I think God has His timing right on that one. I've taken the semester off for teaching Team Kid, so I can attend it on Wednesday nights. Hopefully, I'll gain some insight into how to navigate the "fog" better and still bless and be blessed. I look forward to keeping you informed on it.

No comments: