Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Oh, bummer, it's over....

The holiday season--Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year--all over for another year. I've had a hard time getting back into gear today. My Christmas decorations are still up, toys still scattered. I'm still munching too much. I have really not made any resolutions for the year either, except maybe to take each day a day at a time, be productive as I can in that day, and move on to the next.

How was Christmas for you? Ours didn't turn out perfectly, but we enjoyed our time together. One of Bryan's uncles had a heart attack on the day before Christmas Eve, so our Christmas at Bryan's grandmother's was cancelled until he can recover. We had a nice Christmas at my in-law's house though, but my oldest neice and nephew couldn't be there and I missed them. I made breakfast at my dad's house the day after Christmas, but my brother didn't get any of his girls that day, and something so totally gross happened right before I started cooking, that I will not talk about (you'll have to ask me in e-mail or phone if you want to know). Anyway, I missed my neices and nephew and wished some of my family could have put forth a better effort. Other than that, my hubby was home for the whole week after Christmas and we loved spending time together, and the highlight of our Christmas break--we saw the last Rocky movie in a theater in Campbellsville on the day after Christmas. Bryan had always wanted to see one in a theater, but we were just babies and little kids when they first came out. So that was nice to do that together.

I thought I'd share a few pics of our holiday happenings. I'll post some more each day this week. I'll try to get back to regular blogging soon.
Our Christmas card this year. Aren't we cute?









Our Christmas Eve dinner--Bryan's Stupendous Stuffed Shells!

They were divine!! We ate for 3 or 4 nights on those. So good. My hubby really CAN cook when he wants to!








Megan leaving apples on the porch for the "reindeer" :)






Milk and cookies for Santa!





Santa came!! :)

No comments: