Thursday, January 04, 2007

I'm kinda on vacation

It's my unofficial post-holiday vacation. I'm doing just enough to keep the household running. I just need a little refreshing after the hustle bustle and wierdness of this past Christmas. I'm playing my game a lot more, watching more TV, not exercising, just hanging out with the kids and Bryan and enjoying it. I did manage to put away Christmas decorations yesterday, though they're not really put away until I get them back in the garage. I have posted some pics on my picture blog of Christmas and my little Meg's 5th birthday. She had a nice birthday party. Just 2 little friends and some family, but she kept saying, "I really like this birthday, mom!" Sounds like a success to me! I attempted to do a Strawberry Shortcake theme, but couldn't find any actual themed decorations at Wal-Mart, so I improvised with a red tablecloth, green plates and pink napkins. I also made a strawberry cake, shaped like a real strawberry, with pink strawberry icing, red sugar, green icing leaves, and yellow "seeds".

Here's the link for the pics: My Pictures

3 comments:

Vessel said...

Very Cute! Your Meg looks like my Meg, accept she's now 10. I love the cake. Your daughter's are adorable!

Mysti said...

Thanks! How cool--you have a Meg too.

Anonymous said...

so cute, the strawberry cake sounds BEST! yummy! Happy birthday to Meg :-)

love
Diana