Thursday, December 28, 2006

It's Thursday after Christmas, and all through the house...

It's like the aftermath of a toy tornado! We got back last night and I actually managed to do 2 loads of the new clothes we got, but the new toys are scattered all over still. I have a goal of putting them kind of all in one corner before Sunday--my daughter's 5th birthday. A little stressed and overwhelmed about it all, like I am every year since we've had kids. It all started on December 31, 2001, when I had GREAT plans to wash and put away all the new baby things we got for Christmas that day before our firstborn arrived, but she decided to grace us with her presence on THAT day, instead of her due date three weeks later. We did 2 loads of laundry and packed bags before we went to the hospital. What a day! Now, she's almost 5 and I don't know where the time has gone. My firstborn, my first daughter, my little girl. Growing so fast, loving Strawberry Shortcake and Barbie. I love that kid!

No comments: