Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tuesday's Terrific Food

I made these delicious and easy brownies on Friday and on Monday I ate the last one. I think Bryan only had one and the girls had maybe 2 full pieces. Needless to say, I spent about 1/2 hour on the treadmill this morning. :) Try these though, and you'll see why. They are from Sara Moulton, who hosts "Sara's Secrets" on the Food Network.


Triple-Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Magazine

3 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened), chopped
1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter and flour an 8-inch square baking pan, knocking out excess flour.
In a heavy 1 1/2-quart saucepan melt bittersweet and unsweetened chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring, until smooth and remove pan from heat. Cool mixture to lukewarm and whisk in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, 1 at a time, whisking well until mixture is glossy and smooth. Stir in salt and flour just until combined and stir in chocolate chips.
Spread batter evenly in pan and bake in middle of oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until a tester comes out with crumbs adhering to it. Cool brownies completely in pan on a rack before cutting into 16 squares. Brownies keep, layered between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container at cool room temperature, 5 days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey just popped over from Glandheim. Why haven't I found you before!!!! I often tell my fellow-harried moms that I'm so bored. They look at me like a crazy woman. I tell them I have plenty to do but none of its fun! A diversion from the poo...my sister.

Mysti said...

Thanks for visiting Joni! As I said, I'm never really bored...just need a diversion from the routines. Look forward to your visits.