Monday, January 08, 2007

Monday--Misty's Challenge

Hibernation
It's winter, well at least it feels more like winter today--40's instead of 60's. I've unofficially entered into my winter hibernation. I'm lying around more, staying inside, indulging in hot beverages and chocolate :) I think I'm part bear. Each winter, all I want to do is lie around and get fat.
Which leads me to my challenge today. Don't just lie around and get fat! At least stay moving with regular chores. Try to get back into the exercise routine. And watch what I eat, for goodness sake. I don't need to eat enough to put on a nice layer of blubber to keep warm. That's what our natural gas is for. I've been getting back on track today a bit. I'm off my post-holiday vacation, and back into full-time wife/mom/babysitter mode. I've been cleaning, doing laundry, dishes, and generally putting some order into the chaos. I made a trip to buy much-needed cleaning supplies and groceries this morning. I'll be on my third load of laundry soon.
My main goal for this season is to keep priorities as straight as possible. To balance my routines so I won't be stressing about stuff. But, also, to enjoy a bit of my natural hibernation. To get my work done early so I can rest, relax, and enjoy being cozy and warm. It's good to be back.

No comments: