Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Team Kid Wednesday

What a long day this is! Very busy. Got Meg to preschool, shopped at Kroger, washed 2 loads of laundry, did my Bowflex upper body workout, cleaned the filthy laundry room, did 50 squats, 8 minute abs, and picked up the kids from preschool. Had to fix lunch, corral the very energetic 3 and 4 year old, put away laundry, clean up dishes and take out the garbage, then put the kids down for a nap. Zoe decided to nap for about 20 minutes....ugggh. Now trying to keep her quiet until the others wake up. She's squealing in her playpen. It's a wonder, though, that I usually get them all to sleep at the same time, so today is an exception.

Tonight, hubby coming home early to welcome the electrical inspector, who's looking at our new wiring job. Gotta freshen up myself and the girls, get the boy ready to go home, and head to church for Wednesday night supper and then, Team Kid.

I signed up last year to teach the 4-5 year old class. It's a missions-based class-time for kids on Wednesday nights. I guess, basically like a Sunday school class to let them do something while their parents are in prayer meeting and other Bible studies. I'm still wondering if I did the right thing. Don't get me wrong, I love the kids. I've helped teach Bible school with them before. But never an ongoing class. I'm hoping I can get in the groove and will have enough patience and authority and energy to handle 8-9 of them. I am supposed to be getting a co-teacher soon, and a good friend is helping out until then. She taught last semester.

"Lord, help me in this new endeavor, and all my new endeavors of this new year. Help me tackle each sticky situation with patience and grace. Help me to show Your love to my kids and the others that I interact with. Guide me in the right direction and help me to put my priorities in place. Thank you, Lord, for the innocence and curiosity of children. Thank you for putting such great kids in my life. Amen."

1 comment:

Joan said...

Miss you. Miss the blog. Can't wait to see you Sat. Had fun shopping for the girls last night! Have a great day!