Sunday, January 29, 2006

Zoe's first birthday!

Sorry to have neglected my poor blog for so long. I fell off the wagon and got run over by it. The Zoo Tycoon 2 bug hit me and I've been busy with a new youngin in the house too, teaching Team Kid, etc (see previous blogs). Anyway, for some really good fun, we celebrated Zoe's first birthday on Saturday. As much as I don't want her to grow up, it was great to see her getting into her cake and to have friends and family here to celebrate. I thought I would share some pics.

My amateur cake decorating again. Just a sheet cake this time. I didn't think a one year old would care about a "theme". Used sis's leftover Barbie tablecloth, had Dora party hats. Just a mix-match of stuff, but still a great party.









Zoe so deliberately and meticulously ate all of her cake and ice cream. Stayed fairly clean too. So different from sis's first birthday 3 years ago.











"Finger-lickin good!" She licked off each finger one by one :)












What a happy baby! She thought it was so cool having cake with no spoon and everyone watching her.











One of Zoe's birthday presents--a chair with her name and birthday on it, just like big sis has. She sat in it a long time and rocked herself :) Thanks Papa and Nana!
















This is Zoe with her great-uncle Garlan. She was born on his birthday! We were so glad to have him, his wife Doris, and daughter Joyce join us for our special day.
















Megan got plenty of presents and lots of candy too--thanks to Aunt Cheryl! She's showing off her green tongue from the candy dips. I think I see her tonsils. I can't wait for Cheryl and her hubby to have kids :) "Have some more Pixie sticks, kids! How about some Pepsi?!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On the other hand maybe we shouldn't have kids or maybe I should have thought about what I was giving yours. Pay backs will hurt won't they :) Oh well I am having fun spoiling them anyway. I am the aunt you know. Love ya lots! I have the privilege!