Monday, January 09, 2006

First real Monday of the New Year

How's it going for you? Mine started off ok, but still hard to get out of bed when it's dark outside. I really enjoyed my weekend, but Megan had a little tummy bug Sunday, so we missed church. She puked up her Cheerios on the living room carpet and the baby bouncy seat, so I had to spend half an hour shampooing it and doing laundry. It still smells a bit pukey, so I sprayed it with Febreeze. I hate cleaning up puke. *shudder*

At least hubby saved the day by bringing me a double cheeseburger and a Blizzard from DQ for lunch...mmmm....and a little nap afterwards felt so good. I also watched a miniseries on PBS later that night on Masterpiece Theater called "Henry VIII". I'm fascinated with that whole story, especially his daughter Elizabeth I. She seemed like such a strong person--but, whew, what a past she came from. Her father had her mother beheaded when she was two. No wonder she never married.

I did my Bowflex upper body workout, 50 squats, and 8 minute abs this morning. Go me! Going to shoot for 2 days of that, then 2 days of treadmill for now. We'll how it goes...

No comments: