Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Tuesday Ramblings

I think God gave me a few extra minutes this morning. That is the only way to explain how the girls and I got ready without rushing this morning. That was nice. I hope we can do that some more.

I've been having a good day. Got in a good walk with my friend. Did my Abs of Steel video--well, the first 10 minutes anyway. I put my new recipe, Autumn Tuscany Chicken, in the crock pot. It's smelling pretty good. I'll share the recipe:

Autumn Tuscany Chicken

1/2 pound butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast meat, cut into chunks
1 small green bell pepper, seeded, de-ribbed and cut into chunks
3 tablespoons salsa, your favorite brand
5-oz. canned diced tomatoes, un-drained
4 teaspoons golden raisins
1/8 teaspoon cumin
1/2 clove garlic, pressed
Dash of ground cinnamon
5-oz. canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained

In a crock pot, combine all ingredients, except garbanzo beans.

Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.

15 minutes before you are ready to serve, turn crock pot to high and add garbanzo beans. Cover and cook until beans are heated through.

Per serving: 474 Calories; 6g Fat; 42g Protein; 66g Carbohydrate; 16g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 196mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve over couscous with a spinach salad on the side.
Ok, now the day is turning on me. Megan is acting like Megan the wild baboon and Zoe the howler monkey is getting sleepy and fussy. ;) It will be nap time soon. Thank you dear Lord for nap time. If I'm lucky, maybe I'll get one too.

No comments: