Monday, October 03, 2005

Life is bittersweet

I'm going through my seasonal process of putting away clothes that are too small for my girls. I remember each outfit, even if they wore it only once or even never :) I can't believe how fast they've grown. I've been buying my oldest daughter new fall/winter things and getting out her old fall/winter things for my baby. It's so hard to put those little clothes away, but it's fun to see the new things Megan will wear, and see Zoe wear Megan's old clothes, remembering what Megan used to look like in them.

Zoe has a tooth now. She's not my gummy girl any more. I can see it more every day. She chews on EVERYTHING, and I can feel it when I feed her with her spoons. I'll miss those little gummy smiles, but I love those little smiles with those little teeth showing too.

We parents know just how bittersweet seeing our children growing up can be. We hate to see them move past the little stages, but we love to see them make new milestones and learn more every day. I'm feeling very sappy today, can you tell?

In other news, our dishwasher is on the fritz. A repairman came to look at it today, and determined that it needs a new part that costs $180. I'm going to check around and see if any of the department stores has a sale going--a new one might not cost that much more. We'll see.

I guess I need to get back to my fitness journal. I did exercise today, and am trying to get in my water better. Also, trying to control portions more. I've been slacking on that a bit. I'll post more on my fitness journal soon. Stay tuned.

No comments: