Tuesday, October 04, 2005

My Fitness Journal, Part 5

I try to get 7-8 hours of sleep at night, and naps when I can.

Now, this is easier said than done when you have a baby and a toddler. Luckily, my toddler still takes naps and has always been a good night sleeper. My baby was about 5 months old before she began sleeping through the night. Now, she's getting up again at least once a night because of teething and this week, a growth spurt--she needs more num-nums :)

So, I still try to get to bed by 10 pm, and I'm up at 6 am. Whenever I can get the girls sleeping at the same time in the afternoons, I often lie down for a 20-30 minute nap. That really refreshes me sometimes. I can definitely tell when I've lost sleep for a while. My energy level is way down, and I just can't think straight.

Sleep is vital for our health and performance. Lack of sleep can hurt our immune system and some studies even suggest that lack of sleep can contribute to weight gain! I found a great article on a website with lots of sleep info that you might find useful: Talk About Sleep

I just got my toddler down for a nap and the baby's napping too--yay! Looks like mama's getting a nap, until the phone rings anyway.....

No comments: