Thursday, October 20, 2005

The strike continues....

"Here we are, live from western Kentucky, where little Zoe is crawling around the living room of her home, holding a little picket sign, apparently on strike for better feeding conditions. Zoe, can you tell us what your sign says?"

"Ahhhhh, phttt, eeeee!"

"Bob, did you catch that?"

"No, Tom, I didn't. I don't speak Baby--does anyone here in the newsroom speak Baby?"

"Well, Bob, we're still at a stand-still with this strike. If her parents only knew what she was saying, negotiations would be able to get underway. Unfortunately, Bob, it doesn't look good for either side here in western Kentucky. Back to you, Bob."

"Thanks, Tom. Please keep us informed of any changes in the situation."

As you can see, my little Zoe's nursing strike is still on. I tried to blog about it yesterday, but our internet connection went down AGAIN! I got on the phone and dialed the phone company this morning, and I swear--just as I got the automated message, the connection came back on again. That's happened twice now. It's freakin me out!

Zoe also developed a fever Monday night and I took her to the doc Tuesday. There is an apparent virus going around that makes kids have fever and not eat well. I don't know if that caused the strike, since she stopped nursing a few days before the fever started, but that may be exacerbating it. I'm keeping her on Tylenol and Motrin and feeding her as much as she'll let me from her sippy cup and hoping/praying that this thing will clear up soon and I'll have my happy nurser back.

If she doesn't start nursing soon, I've decided to pump exclusively for another month, then begin switching to formula. I was wanting to nurse for a year, so it's a bit sooner than I wanted to wean, but she's got mommy milk for a good long time. I just hate it that it might be over so suddenly. I wasn't ready! I wanted to wean her when I wanted to. She may just be headstrong like her sister. Figures. I thought she was my easy baby. I guess no child is ever completely easy. And don't anyone get on here and tell me that your child was completely easy--I don't want to hear it!! ;)

I'll try to keep you updated on our situation and hopefully things will smooth out soon. Until then, the dairy cow will head back to the barn....moo.

No comments: