Saturday, October 08, 2005

Saturday Breakfast

I love fixing a big breakfast on Saturday mornings. It's about the only morning we can sort-of sleep in and stay in our pj's half the day. Of course, Bryan had to get up to go to a golf tournament with his company and left at 6:45, then the baby got up right as he left, then Megan got up as soon as the baby ate. Didn't really sleep in, but I didn't have to jump up and shower and rush around, so that's ok.

7:30 am--In the kitchen after getting Megan dressed, making pancakes and bacon. I have a great recipe. Should I share? It's from my favorite channel, the Food Network. Click on this: "Instant" Pancake Mix. The pancakes usually always turn out golden brown and fluffy if you follow this recipe. You can mix up the "mix" and keep it in the pantry for a while. I get about 3 servings from a batch of it. You can also make waffles with it. Try to use buttermilk (fat free is fine) to get the fluffiest pancakes.

8:15--The bacon press I recently bought on eBay made nice flat, crispy bacon. We sat down and thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast. Fresh Folgers Hazelnut coffee with 2 big pancakes and maple creme syrup---can you have a more perfect morning? ;) Zoe tried pancakes for the first time too. She thought they were ok--chewed them around with her gums and one tooth and ate some bananas and orange juice. Megan can eat pancakes or waffles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner--she loves them! One morning she ate FOUR waffles. I wish she liked veggies that much :)

9:00--The baby's napping in her swing. I'm contemplating a shower, but got busy taking a survey online for a dollar. You can sign up on GoZing.com for a few surveys that pay $1-$5 dollars each. I enjoyed my second cup of coffee while watching a stupid show on the Travel Channel called Most Haunted. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. It's filmed in the UK, they use this "psychic" guy that often becomes "possessed" (very good acting). They all get freaked out when they hear a noise and curse ("beep!") or scream or cry and the camera jumps all over the place and you see close ups of their faces most of the time. It's kinda like Blair Witch with a British flair. I have no idea why I watch it except to laugh and shake my head at their antics. I like to look at the old British buildings and settings, though. They are not scientific at all like Ghost Hunters--if you are going to "investigate" paranormal occurences, it should be done scientifically and not theatrically!

10:00--Getting closer to shower time. I'm having a difficult time getting Megan to pick up the mess she made in her room. She comes back in here, I put her back in there, and round and round we go. I'm thinking about a leash or maybe I could tie her to the bedpost until she cleans up. Is that abuse? :) I know as soon as I get in the shower, Zoe will start to fuss. I think my peaceful morning is over. The dishes from breakfast are still waiting too. I love to make breakfast, but cleaning up isn't as much fun for some reason...

1 comment:

Joan said...

What a great entry...I felt rested just reading it. You deserved that kind of morning this week. PJ days...the BEST!

Man, with all that baking, no wonder you have to work out! (I do it to on weekends)!I'll have to check out the pancake recipe...mine is "super fluffy Bisquick" recipe that used to be on the box.



me