Friday, October 07, 2005

Friday Fitness

I just got my exercise done. Today was Bowflex upper body, 60 squats, and 8 minute abs. I had to call DH to be reminded why I try to workout. The girls were being difficult just as I began working out. I finally had to let the baby cry it out in the swing because she needed a nap and I rounded up Megan and got her downstairs to play some computer games.

Sometimes I wonder why I try to exercise when I have so much to do and when my girls still need me so much. I have to be reminded. If you are reading and exercise regularly, tell me how you make time and what you do for exercise, how you juggle jobs and kids along with it, etc.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Uh. I don't juggle kids and exercise...never have been able to very weel. I go at 6:30AM at 40 degrees with two layers of thermals on, or get a babysitter for a while in the summer to help me out a few hours a day (one summer).

I am inspired by friends like you who "jump the hurdles", or run into them, or whatever...just do what they can and suck it up and try again when they can't.

Keep on! Do what you can when you can...forget it the rest of the time and add squats before you go to sleep leaning off the side of the bed for resistance. You get a lot done in half the time (just don't slide off...that hurts, and watch how much resistance you can handle).

Me!