Thursday, October 06, 2005

Thursday Ramblings/Fitness Journal

I think I'll begin blogging mostly about my fitness and just keep an ongoing journal going about it, and combine it with my usual ramblings. :) My last topic I addressed in the part one of my fitness journal was taking me time when I can. Moms of young kids don't get much of that.

So, what do I do for me time? I take naps. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to nap when the girls nap. 20-30 minutes is all I need to refresh.

I watch a few TV programs regularly. DH and I are big Simpsons fans. We also watch Family Guy and American Dad, two even sillier cartoons. I also like a show on the Sci-Fi channel called Ghost Hunters. Yes, I know, I'm weird. I'm not into the occult or anything. I'm just curious as to what people are experiencing when they have paranormal occurrences. And, no, I don't have a haunted house nor have I ever saw a ghost, and I don't want to either. Bryan and I have both been watching House. It's a doctor/hospital show and they always have a patient with a really weird disease or something that they have to figure out. It's interesting and dramatic. I've also started watching Invasion, which seems like a "Lost" sort of show. You get the idea that some kind of aliens have invaded and are taking over people's bodies--you know, the usual :) I don't watch daytime TV much. I haven't watched soap operas since college. Every now and then I catch Dr. Phil and Oprah. I also try to watch a bit of Good Morning America while I'm eating my breakfast and before the girls get up. We watch most of these shows only when the girls are sleeping, first because they aren't really appropriate for young kids, and second because Megan talks non stop so we can't hear anything on TV when she's around :)

While I'm airing out my dirty laundry, I might as well admit that I'm an addict. I'm addicted to computer games. Back before kids and before my mom got sick and passed in 2003, I was addicted to an online game called Everquest, commonly nicknamed "Evercrack". I no longer have the time and money to invest in that one, so I found substitutes. Now I mainly play The Elder Scrolls III--Morrowind. I also like Zoo Tycoon and The Sims. Again, I can only play these when the girls are sleeping, and sometimes if Zoe is in a good mood and playing in the playpen.

I suppose these are the biggest time-consumers of my "me time". I also have a small group of 4 women from my church who have all been to the Great Banquet. We meet every 2 weeks at our houses and have a Bible study and chat. It's nice to meet with other adults. I do other Bible studies when I can, like the 40 Days of Community we're doing now. I like to blog :), exercise, cook and especially bake!

My "me time" keeps me sane. I don't always get a lot of it, but I get a bit each day. If mamma's happy, everybody's happy, right?

As far as fitness, I got in a good 30 minute, sweat-inducing, heart-pounding, panting walk today :) I did the last 15 minutes of my Abs of Steel video too. I have yet to see abs of steel, or anything of steel for that matter, but I can see slow changing and firming. It's frustrating sometimes to look in the mirror and keep seeing the mommy belly and jiggly thighs, but I keep telling myself that every day I exercise is helping my body get in shape and be more healthy. I owe it to my hubby and kids to be healthy and have energy.

I'm tired of writing for today. If you made it this far, God bless your heart, you must be bored.

No comments: