Thursday, September 29, 2005

Wednesday Ramblings

It's amazing to me how babies know to wake up just minutes before the alarm goes off, completely disrupting your last 20 minutes of sleep...Zoe woke up at 5:40 am. Tried to lay her by me and steal just a few more minutes, but she decided it was fun to grab mommy's nose and lips and try to stretch them like a Gumby toy, and scratch me with those sharp little baby nails.

The good news is that her tooth is finally popping through, so soon I can add biting to the pulling and scratching regime. I'm feeding her right now, and she's tugging and pinching at my arm. Ouch! It's my sacrifice in order to ramble to everyone here--you should feel special :) Mommies are so abused.

I did get productive this morning though. I got the bathroom wiped down with disinfecting wipes, scrubbed the toilet bowl, folded and put away towels, got everyone fed, and took a shower before I took Meg to preschool at 8:30. I came home and got in a walk around the neighborhood, and got through all my Abs of Steel video minus the bonus round. It made my abs ouchy Tuesday :) I'll pick it up tomorrow. I then got the litter boxes changed and vaccuumed the utility room/hallway downstairs. And just finished feeding Zoe. Maybe I should start waking up at 5:40 am every morning....nah!

My friend couldn't join me today. I called her briefly and she said she has a sick kid at home. Not sure which one, but I hope they're doing okay. I dread the sicknesses Meg will drag home this fall/winter. This morning was the first really cool morning of the fall so far. Jacket weather. I like it, but seems like every time the weather changes, the kids start getting sick.

Gotta run and pick up Meg. If you made it this far, God bless your heart, you must be bored. I'm going to try to add some links today if I get around to it. Maybe that'll spruce my blog up a bit :)

No comments: