Friday, September 30, 2005

It's fall!

I love fall! The weather is cool and I'm getting the urge to bake. I literally baked all day yesterday. I baked 2 loaves of pumpkin cranberry bread. We already ate half of one, and I froze the other half for Thanksgiving time. It was yummy, and made the house smell sooooo good. I love that baked goody smell.

Later in the afternoon, I baked 2 potatoes, then some salmon fillets for dinner. Then, about 9:00 last night, my husband remembered he was supposed to bring a pie for a potluck at work today. So, we got the "emergency pie" out of the freezer and baked that. I try to keep at least one frozen pie, like Marie Callender's, so that we'll have one in the case of an emergency like hubby forgetting he needs to bring a dessert late the night before a potluck ;) , or when unexpected guests drop by and such.

That's a good policy--I want all of you to go out now and get an emergency pie. You'll be glad you did when the situation arises that you need a pie. Go on now! Go get it! I'll wait here....ok, well, you can get it next time you're at the grocery, I guess, but go put it on your list right now at least. :)

I'm just as happy as a hog in fresh mud right now. I found a way to save us money and time for Halloween. I began the search online and in catalogs for Megan's Halloween costume this morning. At first, she said she wanted to be a "scary monster". Well, I couldn't find many scary toddler monster costumes, so then she said she could be a princess. There are literally thousands of princess costumes everywhere...too many choices. Then, she spied a Dora the Explorer costume online, and said she wanted to be Dora. I said, "Ok, that sounds like something easy to find." The cheapest Dora costume I found was $20.00, not including shipping and taxes. All it was was a pink t-shirt, orange shorts, little non-functional backpack, and black wig.

My thought processes began churning, which is substantial for me :) I thought, "I bet we could put that together ourselves. Sure enough, I found her a pink t-shirt, orange skirt (no shorts, but they will work fine), yellow socks, and white shoes. She already had a functional Dora backpack, and a Dora bracelet left over from a birthday party. Her hair is almost as dark as Dora's already. We might get some black spray and part it in the middle, but other than that, she looks the part. She's wearing it all right now, of course, so it will be a battle to get it off her, but I'm still happy to have found it! Go me!

Now, if I can just get out of my pj's and get showered and get some exercise in, it will be a great day. If you made it this far, God bless your heart, you must be bored.

1 comment:

Joan said...

I just think your blog is so pretty! I come just to see the brown.

You are oozing sweet and energy today! GREAT job on the Dora idea!

Me