Tuesday, September 27, 2005

My Fitness Journal, Part 4

Today, I'm supposed to extol on the benefits of drinking lots of water. Why? Because I do it, and so should you! :)

I found some good benefits to drinking water at www.weightlossforall.com. Drink water to: *regulate appetite
*increase metabolism
*boost energy levels
*less water retention
*alleviate some headaches
*help reduce blood pressure
*help reduce high cholesterol
*ease joint pain
*decrease in risk of some cancers
*less chance developing kidney stones
*release toxic waste products
*improves skin
Well, there ya go, pretty much. I drink about 64 ounces of water a day, not including tea, coffee, orange juice, soda, milk, etc. So, my actual fluid intake is greater, but just plain water is 64 ounces. I'm a nursing mom, so I require more water than other folks, as do pregnant women. Your water intake will also be dependent on activity level, weight, and weather.
So, get to drinking! It's free, right out of the tap. Add some ice and lemon if you need to. I'm going to fill up my mug right now!

No comments: