Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Tuesday Ramblings

Got a great walk in with my friend today. Great stress reliever just to walk and laugh at silly stuff. Lovely day for a walk. A bit cool--just right to keep the sweat to a minimum :) Finished up my Abs of Steel video--my abs hurt a bit now. It's good to try new moves. I hope to get in the groove of that one soon. Tomorrow I'll try my new 8 minute abs DVD.

I have supper in the crock pot. It's called "South African Chicken". Not sure why. It just has some chicken pieces with onions, garlic, lemon juice, and salt/pepper. Nothing exotic. Smells good anyway. I love supper in the crock pot. It saves a bit of time in the most hectic part of the day.

I haven't heard anything back about hosting a hurricane survivor family yet. Not sure what's going on there. I was kinda looking forward to it--it's a good excuse to clean out our basement. It looks like a hurricane hit down there! :O

Finished cleaning out the fridge today. Did the freezer yesterday. Threw out everything that was old and wiped it all down with warm water and baking soda. I try to do that at least 3 times a year. Go me!

Zoe's been eating and sleeping off and on all day. Might be a growth spurt, or getting caught up on sleep missed while teething. Still no teeth popped through yet, but still humpy. Meg's been kinda mellow too, well, more so than her usual Tasmanian Devil persona :) I wonder if it's a new moon or something.

My cuz in Lexington sent me an unexpected package of clothes for the girls. Nice stuff too. I love getting surprise packages.

We're hoping to attend the local apple festival this weekend. Hope that works out.

Our church's 40 days of Community kicked off last weekend. I'm trying to think of things to do for others. I don't get out much, and I'm a sociophobe, so it's a challenge. I think I'll just e-mail people more spam ;) Already started that, hee hee.

"Always look on the briiiiiiiight side of life...."

No, really, I'm going to try being more connected and show love more to the people around me. Zoe's nursing while I'm typing--isn't that a start?

3 comments:

Joan said...

Sociophobe? I think not.

Funny post, but that song...

Me

Mysti said...

That's a great song. Classic. From "The Life of Brian", you know. One of our favorites. We're big Monty Python fans. Can't help but smile when you sing that song :)

Anonymous said...

Me and a coworker had a good laugh out of that song!