Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Tuesday, a week after the ice storm

Bryan is supervising the organization of one of 40 "tent cities" that are being put up in Kentucky.  This particular one will house 300 linemen, providing beds, meals, showers, and supplies.  They're setting up in one of the high school parking lots.  He is coming in at 5:30-8:30 am to work there, then to work at the power plant, then back to the "tent city" from 5-10.  Not sure how long he will be doing this, but I do know he's going to be worn out. 


He also says our power is off again, so he has to keep the generator going.  And I think he said our water is out again too, so we may be here in Adair County longer than I hoped.  I was hoping to go back home tomorrow, but it doesn't look like that will happen.  At least we're warm and well cared for here.  

I had the opportunity to take 2 of my neices and my 2 daughers out to Mc'D's last night for supper.  I had a great time with them, though they were a little loud, well, a LOT loud actually :)  But I loved having them all with me.  I don't get to see them much because we live so far away and they're all in school and such.  I'm not happy that we had an ice storm, but I am happy that I've gotten to spend time with my neices and my dad this week.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Let us know if we can do anything over at your house while you are gone!!