Monday, January 05, 2009

Just another awful Monday

Just like Garfield, I've always hated Mondays. Today, I really hated Monday.

First, waking up at 6 am and getting back into the swing of things after Christmas is never easy.

Then, Zachary woke up with a 103.9 temp.

Zoe's been even more energetic than usual and I had to take her with me after preschool to the doctor for Zach, who has his first ear infection.

Then, back home between the doctor and waiting for Rite Aid to get the meds ready, I got a call from my friend Jamie's husband that her mom had passed away this afternoon. We knew it was coming since Saturday, but it wasn't any less easy to hear. She fought a long fight with several health problems over the past several years. She got to enjoy her only child's two kids for a few years, but the oldest will miss her grandma terribly. The youngest is only a year old.

I'll be travelling back to our hometown where the funeral will take place later this week. I know what it's like to lose a mom when you're a young woman. It's hard, but I know that life goes on. Kids still need to be fed. Bills still need to be paid. Eventually, the memories get better, and I pray that will happen for Jamie too. I hope you will lift up a little prayer for them today.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Sorry to hear about Zach's ear. Hope he's better today. Also hate to hear about your friend's Mom. You're so right, losing your Mom anytime is tough but it is so much harder when you are a young mother of your own. Prayers for her and her family and for you for safe traveling.