Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall....change is in the air

Today was the first official day of fall. Change of seasons is coming, both in climate and in life. To simplify, I'll make a short list.

  1. Bryan has lost 20 pounds already since the surgery on Sept. 8. He'll be a new man in a few months. Not sure how we'll both deal with that...might feel wierd for a while.
  2. Zachary is 6 months old and has 2 teeth already, 2 more coming in, is sitting up by himself, crawling, and really playing with his toys. My little newborn is already grown into a big baby.
  3. I'm back into my skinny jeans. Yay! I've still got a few pounds to lose and much more firming up to do before I'll be satisfied. I am happy, however, to have accomplished that goal. I attribute it to more simple meals of less refined foods--more whole grains, fruits, veggies, etc and less intake of sweets and most of all...nursing!
  4. Our local MOPS group is underway. We have a way to go before we all feel comfortable and into the swing of things, but it's exciting to anticipate the journey ahead.
  5. Bryan's brother and sis-in-law are expecting again, rather unexpectedly. They've already suffered through some terrible losses, so we are praying that God will protect this little life.

That's about all my brain can come up with right now. I'm sure there is something else, but it'll have to wait until I have better thinking capacity.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow- my son is 7 months and 1 week and hasn't gotten any teeth (been teething for 3 months tho) and isn't crawling yet.. and is JUST NOW starting to kinda sit up on his own! Your little boy is fast! :) I love your blog. I love finding other Christian moms blogging.