Monday, July 28, 2008

More O'bama e-mail

The latest one claims that O'bama shunned soldiers and only posed for publicity photos on his recent trip to Afghanistan. Like the other "We should hate O'bama because he did ___" e-mails, this one is inaccurate as well. Here's the Snopes article for your reading pleasure:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/afghanistan.asp

I'm not sure how the political smear e-mails have gotten their fuel. Is it a racial thing? Is it because of Senator O'bama's last name or background? Is it fear of Democratic liberal government?

As it stands, I'm neither a Democrat or Republican. I'm an Independent, because I vote for who I feel is the best candidate, not by which party they're affiliated with. Therefore, I am not a defender of Barack O'bama over any other candidate. However, I hate to keep seeing these e-mails circulating out of whatever ignorance, fear, or hate that spawns them. I'd like to see some e-mails about the issues that the candidates are discussing, and what changes they want to make in our country. Then we can have some straight-forward opinions. Strangely, I never see those...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister!!

I feel the same way as you and these emails sadden me.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, it is difficult to know the truth with each side throwing so much mud at one another.