Monday, February 04, 2008

Monday, Monday

This weekend, we reverted back to our college days for just a while when we had my small group ladies and their husbands and kids over for a game/pizza/cookie exchange night. Oh, yes, we just packed it all into one night. Everyone was here at 5 and didn't leave until 11 pm. Pizza boxes, brownie crumbs, and popcorn everywhere. Really takes me back :) At least I didn't leave the pizza out all night and scrounge around eating it the next morning like I did back in college. It's a wonder I didn't die of food poisoning.

We had a great time, though we missed church from being so zonked. We did make it to Sunday School for a baby shower our class had for us. Then back home--Zachary was pushing so hard on my pelvis that is was aching! I think he's planning his escape.

We had a nice afternoon with the girls yesterday afternoon though. We let Meg finally ride her new bike around for the first time and I played Uno with her and colored pictures with her and Zoe until bedtime. We had no Superbowl festivities around here--no one is interested in football in our house (I LOVE my man, ha, ha!). But we did tune in to the newest episode of House that aired after the game and all the useless commentary. Well, actually, I fell asleep during the last few minutes, but what I saw was good ;)

This morning, Meg was crying about not wanting to go to school again. I finally e-mailed her teacher, who said she had also cried at school, saying she wanted her mommy. But, she said she was getting along well with the other kids as far as she knew. So, at least it's not someone being mean to her. I think we can get past this, but someone being mean to her--now that brings out my mama bear--and heads would roll :)

I left all the pizza boxes and crumbs lying around this morning to head to Wal-Mart and buy half the store. I wanted to stock up on baby items that we needed like diapers and wipes, and stock up on more food/bulk items to get us through the first few weeks. I'm kinda just buying most storable food in double now, so we can cook some now and save some for after Zach comes. Some things I'm cooking big batches of, then freezing half of it after dinner.

Well, since my lazy house didn't clean itself while I was gone, I had better get some of it done now. Toodles!

1 comment:

Melissa H. said...

I dropped by the school today again for lunch and Meg sat with us. She did say that she "really missed her mommy," but she didn't act too upset. She started talking about when the baby comes and how you had put us on the list to take her home if you needed us to and she got excited about that. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that when I do get the opportunity to have lunch with Sydney, I try to love on Meg and watch out for her, too. Love ya!