Monday, January 28, 2008

An exciting weekend

We traveled to my in-laws' this past Saturday to celebrate Zoe's third birthday. I was so happy to be able to have my brother's three girls there. Zoe's great uncle and aunt (Garlan and Doris) were there too. Zoe shares a birthday with Garlan. It was great to share that time with family, seeing all 5 girls playing together again. It'll be different with a little boy in the mix.

After the party, my in-laws surpised me with a baby shower. We got some cute little boy clothes, bibs, blankets, and a new diaper bag. I loved it! Not many people think of having a baby shower for a third baby.

During the shower, I began having some uncomfortable contractions, so I had to go lie down on the couch for a while. I think I overdid it that day and didn't have enough water, so I just relaxed and drank a lot of water. Eventually it calmed down. Then yesterday on the way home, it started again, so I had to lie down when we got back.

Today, just taking it easy mostly. Getting new baby things washed, putting stuff away and just sitting down a lot in between. I'm frustrated though, because there's still so much I want to get done. I just lack the energy to get much done and I'm afraid to overdo it. I'm trying not to freak out and just take things slowly, trusting that we'll get done what's necessary in time. Darn nesting instinct!

No comments: