Thursday, September 27, 2007

Mama's guilt and other ramblings

First of all--a funny thing Zoe said:

I walked into Zoe's room and there she is, sitting in her rocking chair, holding her finger in the air.

Me: "What's that?"
Zoe: "A booga."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today, feeling baby mourning syndrome, or some such thing, thinking about how fast my baby Zoe is growing up, how she is actually no longer a baby and almost a preschooler, already 30 pounds and practically potty trained. She won't be our baby one much longer and it makes me sad. I've really enjoyed her baby-hood, though I'm looking forward to our newest one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feeling guilt now too, after hearing about recent families with babies who are facing serious physical challenges. Guilty for obsessing over whether this one is a boy or girl, wanting a boy so badly. I would give anything to have another little girl who's healthy than a little boy who's sick. I feel so bad for these families and can't imagine what they're going through. Keep them in your prayers--there are at least three families associated or in our church that are facing these issues.

No comments: