Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Tuesday's Terrific Food

Sorry I missed yesterday. I'm like Garfield. I hate Mondays. Just hits like a ton of bricks sometimes. It really wasn't that bad of a day. I just decided to declutter most of our living spaces and it took a good deal of the day. And I stuck with my chores and got them done, even when I didn't want to fold that load of towels. Today, I'm trying to stick to my routine well and not get behind. Last night was hubby's last trip away for a while, so hopefully I'll have him around more at night.

Late last week we tried the third time for #3, so it'll be at least another week before I can test and hopefully get a BFP (big fat positive!)--I've learned new lingo now that we're TTC (trying to conceive). Joined a message board and an online fertility charting thing. One can really get obsessed with this stuff, but I'm feeling much more mellowed about it now. If it happens, it happens. We're thankful and blessed by the two healthy little giggly girls we have now, and if God chooses to bless us with a boy, we'll just be more blessed.

Since this is supposed to be a food post, I'll share a recipe with you. It's a very simple one (did I hear a YAY!?) I had some leftover whole wheat tortillas from some fajitas I made last week and decided to put them to good use for lunch.

Chicken Wraps
Whole wheat tortillas (just look around--you should be able to find them, probably in the refrigerated section around the cheeses)
Refrigerated precooked grilled chicken strips
Organic baby lettuces, NOT Iceberg (the nice dark leafy kind in a bag, prewashed)
Tomatoes, chopped
Shredded cheese of your choice
Ranch dressing, or honey mustard dressing, or whatever you like.
Heat the chicken strips as directed in the microwave. Heat however many tortillas you want for about 30 seconds in the microwave, wrapped in paper towels. Put a thin line of ranch dressing along middle of tortilla. NOTE: You can use regular ranch, but sparingly--it's full of fat. I like it better than the fat free though. Add chicken, cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes. Wrap up and eat! How easy is that?!

No comments: