Thursday, February 08, 2007

Thursday's Laugh Out Loud!

I have managed to exercise on the treadmill this morning. Poor Meg's been sick most of the week, but I've sent her to preschool the last couple days. Seems like everybody and their uncle has been sick with something this winter. Worst I've seen for a while. My poor sister-in-law just got out of the hospital earlier this week after being dehydrated from a nasty stomach virus. Several from our church have been in there for the same thing. Just nasty stuff. Zoe even had a little fever yesterday, but seems ok today. I'm hoping it won't circulate around here too much.

So, today's funny is much-needed. Let's get our minds off these yucky sicknesses and have a good laugh. I heard this one on Christian Family Radio this morning:

Things a Father Will Never Say

*Well how 'bout that? I'm lost! Looks like we'll have to stop and ask for directions.
* You know Pumpkin, now that you're thirteen, you'll be ready for non-chaperoned car dates. Won't that be fun?
* Here's a credit card and the keys to my new car. GO CRAZY!!!
* What do you mean you want to play football? Figure skating not good enough for you, son?
* Your mother and I are going away for while. You might want to consider throwing a party.
* Well, I don't know what's wrong with your car. Probably one of those doo-hickie thingies - you know - that makes it run or something. Just have it towed to the mechanic's and pay whatever they ask.
* No son of mine is going to live under this roof without an earring. Now quit your belly aching and lets get to the mall.
* Whaddaya want to go and get a job for? I make plenty of money for you to spend.
* Father's Day? Ah - don't worry about that - it's no big deal.

No comments: