Monday, December 18, 2006

Monday--Misty's Challenge


I'm in chocolate heaven right now. I made another batch of "Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies", without the espresso this time. I guess I should rename it to "Heaven's Chocolate Chip Cookies". I actually said "Thank you Lord!" as I indulged in two of them just now. God knew what he was doing when he created chocolate. If every moment in Heaven is going to be better than experiencing those cookies--wow, what an eternity it will be! I made them a bit smaller this time to have more to go around.

I'll be delivering cookies and other sundries this week to friends and neighbors. This is my favorite week of the year. The week before Christmas--I love baking cookies, making candy, listening to carols, hanging up Christmas cards we've received. I don't love the wrapping so much, but I love it when it's done!

My challenge this week--get all your major chores, shopping, etc done EARLY this week so you can kick back and enjoy the rest of the week before Christmas. If you can, make those chocolate cookies or any other recipe you like. Indulge a bit. If you DO make the chocolate cookies, use good quality baking chocolate, like Ghirardelli baking squares. They've been on sale at Kroger for a while now. Decadent, absolutely decadent! Can you tell I'm a chocoholic?

I will do my best to post each day this week and next week I'll take a break. We'll be out of town visiting family and enjoying Christmas. I still have some chores to finish up myself, so I better get on it--while I'm baking today of course!

No comments: