Friday, July 14, 2006

Bible school is over.

Our last night went well. The hardest part was dividing up the artwork and getting it to each class. We seemed to have a lot of kids with the same names! Would be a good strategy next time to write which class each child is in, but I probably won't be on board for it next year. Not that it was too hard for me, and it was pretty hard, but we may be expecting number three this time next year, so I'm putting off volunteering for anything for next year.

Sorry if I sounded too complainy in yesterday's post. I was just a bit overwhelmed with all the childcare and activity. Kids all day long from 6:30 am until 9:30 or so was tiring, but I'm glad Bible school went so well. I have fond memories of going to Bible school when I was a kid. Lots of popsicle stick crafts and volleyball, hot dogs, and "If you're happy and you know it".

I failed to get pics of our crafts, because I kept forgetting my camera. Had enough to pack in and out anyway. Just take my word for it, they were cute. Now, my next biggest project for the summer is swimming lessons for Meg. 5 days, 5-6 pm at the city pool. Hopefully, she'll do well and we'll have a little swimmer on our hands. We want our kids to know how to swim early. Bryan can't swim a lick and I'm not much better, so we want our kids to be able to at least save themselves if they fall in water--or get us if we fall in! :)

When I get back downstairs, I'll post more vacation pics. I think we have two days left. And I'm searching for a new laptop. Looking at the Dell XPS M1710--found some on the Dell Outlet, and they're good for gaming too :) This poor old laptop is on it's last leg, so anything will be better at this point!

No comments: