Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Toddlers, babies, and doors

Why didn't somebody tell me that toddlers, babies, and doors do not mix? Zoe has had her fingers pinched in some type of door almost every day for a week. Today, Megan shut the toy box lid on her thumb. Scraped the hide off the inside, big bruise on the other side. I was so livid. I bandaged it the best I could, spanked Meg and put her in time out and reminded her for the 100th time to be careful about shutting doors when Zoe is around. I don't know if her little fingers are going to survive much longer. Or if my sanity will.

Days like this, I need my mom, just to call and vent, to get some good motherly advice, some "been there, done that" stories. I called my hubby, but of course, all he said was put a bandage on it. Men are just not that comforting.

These kids keep running around the house banging against the walls, acting like complete little monkeys. I'm thinking about crating them. Oh, vacation, where art thou?

1 comment:

Joan said...

Well, call me next time, you dork. I'll at least be a sister and call you a dork or something!