Friday, May 12, 2006

My busy week

Putting the breaks on this week to catch you all up on my life. A quick recap.

Monday: 2 mystery shops, during the last one my oldest daughter fell down outside while home with daddy and smacked her mouth right on the black top. Blood, swollen lips, and one loose tooth. Great! Preschool graduation was the next night. Figures.

Tuesday: One mystery shop, last day of preschool, preschool graduation that night. Daughter looks like she's had lip injections but says her poem very well. They said poems about what they wanted to be when they grew up. Megan wanted to be a mommy---"awww".
"I want to be a mommy,
a mommy just like mine.
I'll be patient, kind, and loving,
The best mom that you can find."
Wish I could live up to the poem.

Wednesday: Kids here all day. Little fella is here really early. Did the Bible Study questions for my last chapter of our Bible Study during breakfast. Interrupted after each one, but got them done! Woohoo! Raining most of the day. Had to keep the kiddos inside and entertained. They weren't too bad, only a few time outs. Team Kid that night. One kid freaked out at the end of class, total meltdown. Scared the other kids, scared us a bit--unusual for her. So glad to get home. Hubby not home until after midnight, though. Outage at the power plant.

Thursday: Kiddos here all day. Had to make emergency run to Kroger for some Cool Whip for a pie I was making for my small group meeting. First time taking all three kids to the store. Promised them gum if they behaved. They did very well. Chewed gum all day. Small group meeting at 7:00. We went over the last three chapters of our book--we have been doing this study for 10 months, and finally got it completed. Starting a new study next time--it's about sex, so we may finish it sooner :) Everyone left around 9 pm. Whew! At least the pie was good, we had good fellowship and finished our study.

Friday: I so wanted that last 20 minutes of sleep. Hubby got up around 5:30 am and remembered around 5:40 am that we didn't prepare the baked beans he needed for a potluck today. So, I was up at 5:45 am mixing together baked beans. The house smelled like bacon, onions, and pork and beans. I have now made beans at midnight and before 6 am. I don't want any baked beans any time soon. At least I found out later that they were devoured. Almost makes it worth it---almost. Had to get Megan to the dentist a half hour away at 8:45 am to check that tooth. She did great! It won't have to be pulled, but will probably become discolored. Ok. We can handle that. It's a baby tooth. She'll go back in 2 months for a cleaning and x-rays. To the mall for some shopping and kiddie rides. To Mc'D's for lunch, then home for some quick chores and naps. I took a long one today too. Well, sort of, between phone calls. Found out hubby will not be home until sometime tomorrow. I hate outages. Poor hubby gets so exhausted. We miss him so much. Vacation is coming.....quiet walks on the beach, sleeping in, no diapers, no dishes.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Chewed gum all day, huh? I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks