Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day

Our baby Zoe was dedicated yesterday at our church. Megan called it "babycated" :) I dressed her in a dress that my mom had made for Megan before she was born. She made it from material left over from my wedding dress, which she also made. Ivory satin, covered with ivory lace. She looked so pretty in it. And it was a connection to my mom, a way to honor her memory yesterday, to connect her with the granddaughter she never met. It was an emotional morning as a beautiful song called "My Mother's Faith" was sang before the dedication. I'm so thankful to have had a mom who raised me with faith, love, and encouragement. I hope I can do as much for my little girls.

I had a pretty good Mother's Day, except hubby had to work most of the evening. We had a good lunch at the Mexican place, a bit of a nap, and I mixed up a box of Ghiardelli brownies. Mmmmmmm. Chocolate makes everything a little better.

I'll try to post some pics of Meg's graduation and Zoe's dedication.

1 comment:

Joan said...

So cute! I'm so glad you shared with me...I didn't get to stay! Wow! Very cool. Glad you had a meaningful mother's day!