Monday, April 24, 2006

It's been so long....

Sorry it's been so long. I just can't seem to get into blogging mode. Every now and then, a thought pops into my head and I think, "I would love to blog that!" But then, I'm up to my elbows in a poopy diaper or picking up kids from pre-school, or wiping apple sauce off the floor. Then there goes the thought, and I can't think of anything to blog about.

So, what have I been doing that's interesting? Well, this past weekend, we attended Thunder over Louisville, a great airshow and fireworks show to kick off Kentucky Derby week. We were fortunate to know someone who owned a building right on Main Street and could sit out on the roof and watch the whole thing. Awesome weather and great shows! The girls loved it. Zoe was in awe of the fireworks-sat in my lap wide-eyed, pointing her little fat finger and babbling about it every now and then.

Zoe's 15 months old and walking fast! She even climbs pretty well too, if she can reach. I've been taking the kids outside almost every day to play, stocking up on new outdoor toys every time I go to Wal-Mart. I'm still keeping Meg's pre-school buddy and he'll be here full-time in the summer. It's great having a little boy around. I hope we can keep him entertained this summer. I think we'll make lots of park trips and do the summer reading program at the library.

Our vacation is FINALLY planned out! We are going to Lover's Key Resort near Fort Myers in Florida. Five nights, six days of beautiful beaches and peace and quiet. Away from the main drags. I'm so excited. We got good flight deals into Tampa--$69 per person one way. Renting a cheap rental car, got the internet special on the room. I think I can pay for most of the trip with the money I've been saving from my mystery shopping/surveys/babysitting. It's great for stay-at-home moms to be able to make some money on thte side. Great for taking much-needed vacations and having little extras, like hair coloring :) Which I need to do before we go--the gray is showing!

Maybe I'll get one of my hubby's fireworks pics posted soon. He took some great ones. He's becoming a really great photographer. And I mostly use the camera for work :) He actually bought it for me, I think--a Canon Rebel EOS--is that right?. It's an awesome digital camera with lots of memory and lots of features. I haven't been able to jump into the photographer mode and figure out what all it does--I just haven't made the time to learn. I do ok with the fully auto mode, though :)

Hopefully, I'll get a blog urge again soon. Until then, God bless your hearts!

No comments: