Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New job, Day 2

Only a little crying when I picked our new guy up today. He said he wanted to go to his house and "knock on the door". I just had to talk to him and acknowledge his feelings about missing his mom and dad. He played well with Meg , ate lunch, did no. 2 in the potty (TMI, I know), and went right down for his nap. Wow, so far he's an easy kid. Meg will argue the socks off me. I think Zoe is the calm one, so I'm hoping I have had the hard kid first. ;)

I even got to sit down, snooze just a few minutes, drink a cup of coffee, eat some smores and watch Dr. Phil. Mommy time! I'm hanging on to it as long as possible.

I've also picked up my fitness routine again--yet with my new treadmill for the aerobic part. Going to shoot for two days Bowflex/8 min abs, two days treadmill for 20 minutes each week for now. I used the treadmill for a 20 minute workout yesterday and it kicked my behind! Whew--my hips and legs are sore and weak--I'm not used to jogging. I'm going to try to keep it up though. Also, new year's resolutions to stay caught up on laundry, dishes, and clutter that always bog me down if left undone. I have real expectations that messes will occur and they won't always be cleaned up right away. I'll still have a fine layer of dust on many things and my basement will still be messy for a long time. Just resolving to tackle things as I can, always be aware of what can be done reasonably.

Also resolving to re-connect with hubby. It'll be 9 years this year that we've been married--13 years together. Marriage gets stale if you don't work on it. I just have to put more effort into being with my man, physically, spiritually, supportively, and to have more fun together. We played a lot of his new X-box I got him for Christmas over Christmas break and a new movie trivia game. So refreshing just to recreate together like that. I love playing with him. Things like that can really draw a couple closer. If you haven't played with your hubby for a while, break out that old Monopoly game and better yet, go get a new one. I love the "Scene It" movie trivia game.

Hope I can keep up with the resolutions for a while. I know that life happens though, so another resolution is to put Jesus at the wheel more often and let Him steer me around the tough curves.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Wow!

A Working Stay at Home Mom...I'm impressed. And God is blessing!

You are so creative to keep the budget more loose...I love it. Great to see you there tonight. Sorry I couldn't chat.

Blessings--
Joan