Monday, December 05, 2005

Sick day

I took a sick day yesterday. Missed church, laid around all day in my pj's until I remembered that we had reservations for our church's Christmas banquet. So I showered, got the girls dressed and off we went. The church was all decorated, and the Sunday school rooms were decorated and tables set up in there to eat. It was a great atmosphere, everyone really having great fellowship and enjoying the good food. I couldn't taste mine and couldn't hear well, so I hope no one asked me something to which I did not reply. They had some great music after dinner, or so I hear, but we didn't stay since my head was throbbing. Tried to rest on the couch when we got home, but baby Zoe started crying, Megan wanted to lay by me, and I started coughing when I was horizontal just long enough to start to get relaxed. *sigh*

Moms don't get sick days, more like sick moments.

Megan did well in the opening night of "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever". Took off her angel halo and wings and tried to remove her angel robe--very cute really. At the end, she kept bowing--cute little uncoordinated bows that made everyone laugh. Don't know if she will make it through all the performances, but I was glad I got to see the first one. Zoe was even pretty good sitting with me. Thanks to my friend's hubby for helping keep her entertained, and a sweet elderly gentleman beside him as well. It really takes a village sometimes to raise babies. Big, BIG, thanks to the stage moms, including my friend, who kept the kiddos under control backstage.

Still not well today, but Zoe seems better. Meg is almost completely well--definitely has the energy back. I am loopy-headed from cold meds, so if I ramble incoherently, forgive me. I think I'll sit back in a little while drink some coffee and eat some Kroger Christmas sugar cookies, imagining that they taste wonderful :)

No comments: