Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Germs

Today, I officially feel like crud. Is that a bad word? Makes me think of stuff on the bottom of a shoe, so definitely a "dirty" word. And that's how I feel. My cold has progressed into a sinus infection. Symptoms of blowing nasty looking mucus out of my nose, alternating between being able to breathe and not, no sense of smell or taste, possible fever (haven't checked it, but feel a bit feverish), tender cheeks, pressure under eyes, headache, all-over bodily "ickiness" and weakness. The girls are almost all better. Zoe just has a little runny nose, but here I am getting worse. I want to crawl uner a blanket and not do anything--right!!! The dishes don't wash themselves, babies don't change or feed themselves, and Meg is begging me to play with her. I read that acute sinusitis can last up to three weeks. I started the cold along with the girls over a week ago, and these symptoms have lasted about 4 days now.

I'm hoping this will pass before hubby's company Christmas party next week--good catered food at a country club. I sure want to taste it. If I don't see improvement by the weekend, I'll try to see a doc and get some antibiotics or some such stuff.

For now, trying to rest as much as possible, taking Nyquil, Ibuprofen, drinking hot tea, putting warm washrags on my face, and just got a humidifier for my bedroom. I usually enjoy this time of year, but it's hard to when you can't breathe, taste, or smell.

I hope I have something better to talk about later.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Call me tomorrow.

me