Friday, November 11, 2005

Living in the rut...

My friend posted about being in a rut a few days ago. I've been stuck in one since Meg was born and have decided to just live here. Make it cozy. Decorate it a bit. Add my own themes. I was on the fitness jag a few weeks ago--that was as close to being out of the rut as I've come. It was kinda like going out of town for day trips on business, then back home to the rut of course.

Well, now I've been home in my rut for some time. The fitness hasn't picked back up since Fall Break, then the nursing strike that happened the next week. I did manage to do 8-minute abs yesterday, then took the girls for a walk after lunch. Walking with a 3 year old in tow is just not that aerobically challenging however. And she falls a lot. Been walking since 14 months, but she still trips over her own two feet. I'm afraid she inherited my natural lack of gracefulness. Had to cut the walk shorter than I liked after she fell face first on the pavement and scratched her nose, forehead, and knees. Not badly, mind you. But I think the screaming that ensued probably made the neighbors call 911. She definitely has a flair for the dramatic--glad she's going to be in "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" soon. Just not sure I can keep up with her and make her listen to directions.

Remember the nursing strike? I bring it up again to illustrate how babies can totally turn around. I think Zoe is having a growth spurt now. So every day, she nurses about every 3-4 hours, then she's been up at least once or twice a night for the past 3-4 nights. She's my good eater. I got what I prayed for--sometimes you have to watch what you pray for--you just might get it! :) No, really, I'm glad she likes to eat. She's now into table foods. She loves pinto beans and cornbread, mac n cheese, and boy, can she put away the Fruit Loops! Whole ones! Has two teeth, but she grabs them with both little chubby hands and gums them up and cries for more.

I love those girls! We had a girl night last night while daddy was out. We watched Shrek 2 for the hundredth time and ate popcorn (Zoe had Fruit Loops). I love to curl up with Meg under the afghan and watch movies. She is like her dad. She memorizes the lines in the movie and says them along with the characters.

Sorry I haven't posted much in a while. Our internet access was down for 2 days, and I've been back into my computer game, The Elder Scrolls III, Morrowind. So, that takes up much of naptime. That's my rut--decorated with computer games, unwashed dishes, unfolded laundry, scattered toys, and a messy basement. Come on over to my rut--I'll make some coffee and we'll play a computer game :)

2 comments:

Joan said...

Just getting caught back up with you...I think I'm JUST NOW really realizing my new rut isn't a rut...it's my life's calling, and I'm not doing it anywhere near where I'd planned when I got to it! Yes, decorating it is a good idea!!! Loved this post and the B&W pic! Captures emotion more I think somehow.

Joan said...

Miss your blog. Hope all is well. Hope to hear from you soon!

Me