Friday, October 28, 2005

I've been AWOL

Or just lazy, not sure. I just haven't gotten it me to post much this week. Well, I'm back this morning and I'm happy to report that my happy nurser is back. Zoe started nursing again last Friday night and is doing great! The week-long strike is over. Not sure if she'll have another or not, but for now, she loves her mommy milk and I'm enjoying our quiet time together again. Hopefully we'll continue on to our goal of a full year.

Today is Zoe's 9 month checkup. I can't believe she's already that big. It seems like we just brought her home yesterday. *sigh* My first baby is already in preschool. My second one now has 2 teeth and is sitting up by herself and almost crawling. She rolls and scoots everywhere now, so I'm already chasing her.

Where does time go? Does it go to the same place the missing socks go? Every time I wash socks, I always end up with some missing. I wonder if they go to a magical "Land of the Lost Socks", you know, like the "Island of Lost Toys" on Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer? Are they waiting for someone to come get them so they won't be lonely? Are they resigned to their fate? How in the world did I get on this topic? :)

I'll just sip my coffee with half-n-half. Yes, you heard me right--HALF-N-HALF! I have moved up in the world. I used to use the powdered creamer, but I splurged the other day and bought some Land o Lakes Fat Freel half-n-half. I must now drink my coffee with my pinky sticking out and with a saucer underneath. Well, my big cat mug won't fit on a saucer, so I'll save those for company. I use my good china when company's over--doesn't everyone? My mom used to call the more expensive paper plates her "good china" ;) My good china is a $15 dollar mis-matched set my hubby bought at a yard sale. I guess I still need some culturing.

Well, if you made it through this morning's ramblings, I'm impressed. Go get yourself a cup of coffee with half-n-half! God bless your heart!

No comments: