Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Weird Dreams

President George W. and First Lady Laura Bush are having another baby--according to the crazy dream I woke up to this morning. I have a lot of crazy dreams. I don't know whether that's a sign of genius or madness. I like to act like Joseph from the Old Testament and try to interpret other people's dreams. It seems like I can make sense of everyone else's, just not my own.

The morning started out the same. I got Meg off to preschool, went to Wal-Mart for my weekly grocery run, came home, fed Zoe, picked up Meg, back home, did Bowflex upper body workout, 50 squats, 8 minute abs, fixed lunch, washed a load of clothes, and now I'm plopped down for some computer time.

I am constantly wondering how other people seem to have so much time. It seems like some women can keep house, take care of the kids, read books all the way through, exercise, do church activities, etc, etc and pull it off almost effortlessly. I know that's probably not a realistic assumption, but I know that I don't have it all together. I've made some strides recently. I've been incorporating some of the ideas on http://www.flylady.com. It's been slow-going though. I can't seem to keep up. My sink IS shiny most of the time, though :) I've also been using a meal-planning service on http://www.savingdinner.com. I got the 3 month trial subscription, but I think I'll stop after that. Some of the recipes haven't went over well with DH. It has been nice to go grocery shopping just once a week and know I have dinner planned for 6 days a week. I think I can do it myself though.

Megan and I have had a good couple of days. Maybe prayers are being answered or it's just a fluke, but I like it. Fighting and negative reactions have been minimized somewhat, so I will just stay in prayer every day about it. Maybe some real progress will be made. I'm sure I'm not the only one who clashes with her toddler, and I'm sure I'm not the only mother who is bothered by it, but if I can improve and mature as a mother, my whole family will be blessed.

Again, if you made it through all my ramblings, God bless your heart. You must be bored :)

No comments: