Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Tuesday Ramblings

It was hard to get up again. Chugged down the coffee, dragged us all out of bed, dropped Meg at preschool, and had a great walk with my friend. We put our kids in the strollers and burned some good calories. The time really seemed to fly as we walked and talked and laughed. Time always flies when I'm having fun.

Just had a good glass of Ovaltine in skim milk. "More Ovaltine please!" Great snack. The baby is swinging, seems like too fast. I'm blogging and watching Food Network.

I LOVE the Food Network. I watch it all the time. If children's programming is not on, it's usually the Food Network. I got addicted to it when I was pregnant, when all I could think about was food. I love to learn new tips, recipes, and tricks to getting new and different meals on our table.

Megan and I have had several good days. Of course, we still have our spats here and there, but I can feel myself lightening up. I'm enjoying her more, being less angry, not simmering all the time. I wonder if hormones affect my moods that much? My DH says the Depo shots make me evil. I'm really enjoying Megan being in preschool. I get a couple hours with my quiet baby :) and can exercise and catch up on stuff. I am really trying to get our days on a schedule more. I think that helps kids and adults. Everyone knows what to expect when, and no one ends up over tired or too hungry or whatever. Also trying to get in a little more me time every day. Loosens me up and helps me be there for my family better.

Now if I could just find the time and energy for more romance?? Is that attainable when you're married with young kids? If anyone has any ideas on THIS subject, please, please comment on it!!

If you got this far, God bless your heart! You must be bored.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Forget national averages, surveys, and statistics. You are a mother of two young kids, you are exhuasted and everyone in your family is as well. It will come. I think it's God's way of helping us be smart enough to space our children a little more sanely for the most part. Plan those long weekend and make some moments. No cure.