Monday, September 26, 2005

Monday Ramblings

"It's just another manic Monday...wish it was Sunday...."

Oh, it was soooo hard to get up this morning. At least the baby slept through the night. Saturday night she ended up sleeping with me again. I almost like her sleeping with me. I like to feel her close to me, hear her breathe, feel her stretch and rub her little eyes. But, I can't sleep well with her by me. I'm sooo conscious of every little move and noise all night. And I can't turn over easily, so my hip, neck, and shoulder end up very sore and a bit numb. The sacrifices of motherhood, I guess. I wonder why she can cope with the teething better when she's beside me. I know I'm not stopping the pain, but I guess mommy just makes it better somehow.

I was a naughty girl this weekend. I made a rich blueberry coffee cake for breakfast and we finished it off Saturday and Sunday. I had 2 Blizzards, some pizza, a cheeseburger and fries and sosme cheddar biscuits I made with our fish chowder last night.

"Fish chowder, you say?" "Why yes, it was a new recipe. I made it with flounder fillets and clam juice."

"Clam juice?" "Yes, clam juice. Well, actually 5 cans of baby clams and I just used their juice. I can't find anything as 'exotic' as clam juice in this little town."

My husband gagged a bit when I described the clam juice, but he did like the chowder. I thought it tasted a little too fishy. Probably the clam juice ;) I think I'll use chicken broth next time.

I will do my very best to exercise well today when I drop Meg off at preschool. I will also do my best to update my fitness journal. Those are my good intentions.

"I think I can, I think I can..."

No comments: